It’s happened to all of us. We hear about a local event that we want to attend but then we lose the flyer or put it down as the wrong date in our phones or life just happens and we forget. So frustrating, am I right? It’s too bad there’s no central place where all local events that we might want to know about are all listed…wait, but there is!
On our Westerly Life website, there’s a calendar page that has just about every local event listed. So no more forgetting an event or misplacing the advertisement about it. There’s everything from children’s activities to live music to community festivals listed – something for the whole family.
Just to show you how diverse the event listings are, see below for a few of the activities and happenings for this weekend…if you include the events outside Westerly, there’s even more possibilities! Don’t forget to check back regularly as events and activities are constantly being added.
Friday, June 9 >> Click here to see all the events
- Souvenir: a fantasia on the life of Florence Foster Jenkins, at the Granite Theatre, 1 Granite St., 8pm
- Shakedown, a Grateful Dead Tribute Concert at the Knickerbocker Cafe, 35 Railroad Ave, Doors 8pm, show 9pm
- The Karate Kid at the Misquamicut Drive-in, 316 Atlantic Ave, 9pm
- Outside Chance at the Windjammer Surf Bar, 321 Atlantic Ave, 9-11:30
Saturday, June 10 >> Click here to see all the events
- Knit in Wilcox Park, 44 Broad Street, 10am-3pm, bring your own yarn and supplies
- World Oceans Day at Mystic Aquarium, 55 Coogan Blvd, Mystic, 10am-12pm
- Walk the Walls starting at Donahue Park, 25 Mechanic Street, Pawcatuck, 10:30am
- Savoy Story Hour at Savoy Bookshop & Cafe, 10 Canal Street, 11am
- Scott Sharrard and the Brickyard Band at the Knickerbocker Cafe, 35 Railroad Ave, Doors 7pm, Show 8pm
- Marc Douglas Berardo at Perks & Corks, 62 High Street, 9pm
Sunday, June 11 >> Click here to see all the events
- Sea Glass Festival at the Windjammer Surf Bar, 321 Atlantic Ave, 11am-5pm
- Seasoned Wood at the Andrea, 89 Atlantic Ave, 1-5pm
- Poetry night in the tap room at the Knickerbocker Cafe, 35 Railroad Ave, 8pm
- Dave Deangelis and Kevin Lowther at Perks & Corks, 62 High Street, 8:30pm