It’s the best time of the day. You get out of work, meet up with a few friends and grab couple drinks before heading home. Many call it the happiest hours but it’s not quite so happy if you don’t know where the best specials are.
Brought to you by
The origin of the term “happy hour” dates back to 1914, when it referred to a weekly entertainment program with live music, movies, dancing and boxing matches for Navy sailors. It was meant to help with the boredom associated with life at sea.
It wasn’t until Prohibition that the “happy hour” referred to drinking. In the 1960s, it became a tradition for restaurants to offer food and drink specials that continue today.
Restaurant Specials for Westerly RI
In Rhode Island, restaurants are not allowed to have a happy hour, but we have outlined some restaurants offering food specials to help bring you in out of the cold!
We’re pulled together a quick list of winter restaurant specials for you to peruse. If you’re going to imbibe, be responsible!
Although they are few and far between, Uber is minimally available in Westerly. Have a designated driver and when in doubt, call a friend/family member to give you a ride or get an Uber.
- Voc’s Dunn’s Corners Pizza & Pub: Tuesday-Friday from 4pm-6pm | Click Here for more details
- Bridge Restaurant, 37 Main Street : Monday thru Friday from 4 – 6:30 p.m. (lounge only) $1 oysters & littlenecks and other specials.
- Sea Goose, 265 Post Road : Available seven days a week from 4 to 7 p.m. half price appetizers
- Brazen Hen, 4 Canal Street : Monday to Friday, 4-6 p.m. food specials.
- 84 Tavern on Canal, 15 Canal Street : Available daily, 3 to 6 p.m. $8-$4 Menu in the bar/lounge, featuring a selection of $4 draft beers and house wines along with specially-priced menu items.
- The Twisted Vine, 3 Canal Street : Tuesday-Sunday from 4-6pm, discounted appetizers .
- Ella’s Fine Food and Drink, 2 Tower Street : Whimsical Weekdays Tuesday-Friday, from 4-6 p.m., the entire menu is half price. Offer not valid for half portions. $1 oysters and clams nightly from 4−6 p.m. in the lounge
- Misquamicut Oyster Bar at Venice Restaurant, 165 Shore Road : Buck-a-shuck every night.